How does premature ejaculation affect a man’s life? The answer is, in a lot of ways and men who are affected by this issue, find their entire lives almost as good as turned upside down. The truth is that PE is the most common of all the sexual problems faced by men, all over the world.
Here are some of the problems that can arise, if you suffer from premature ejaculation (PE):
- Unable to concentrate on your job.
- Issues with relationships (In and out of the house.)
- Getting irritated all the time, with almost anyone and anything.
- Problems with fertilization.
As you can see, if you suffer from PE, your life is as good as a total mess, but it does not mean that you cannot do anything about it. Yes, there are a number of treatments that are available to you, if you suffer from PE. But before we get into those, first, let us take a look at…
What Is The Premature Ejaculation Meaning?
PE is when a man ejaculates during sex, much faster than he or his partner would have desired him to do so. There are some men who orgasm as soon as they have penetrated. There are other men who orgasm as soon as they have initiated foreplay. And then there are those men who orgasm the moment they try to achieve penetration.
PE is also referred to as premature climax, early ejaculation or rapid ejaculation. You may be wondering what is the premature ejaculation time frame? On an average, men all over the world, can have intercourse for anywhere between 2 and 5 minutes, before he would have an orgasm. Of course, there are some men who can even last longer. But for a man who is suffering from premature ejaculation, he would orgasm in a minute or much less than even a minute. Premature ejaculation is the most common form of male sexual Dysfunction Problems, affecting about one in three men aged 18 to 59.
What Is The Main Cause Of Premature Ejaculation?
The reality is, there is no main contributing factor that is responsible for PE. There are various factors that come into play, when it comes to PE and these are inclusive of:
- Biological Causes: These include traits that have been inherited, infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate, an abnormal level of neurotransmitters (chemicals in the brain) and hormone levels that are abnormal.
- Psychological Causes: These would include depression, sexual abuse, feelings of guilt, poor image of one’s body, worrying about premature ejaculation and early experiences in sex.
- Your Partner: If you no longer feel close to your partner, this also could be one of the reasons why you may suffer from PE.
- Religious Beliefs: Some men have certain religious beliefs and these would also bring about PE.
- Age: PE can take place at any age. It does not mean that you have to be elderly to suffer from PE.
- Rejection: Feeling anxious about being rejected by a sexual partner, could also give rise to PE.
- Physical Causes: Some kind of injury or accident, could also be the cause of PE.
Types of Premature Ejaculation
PE is categorized as:
- Acquired PE: This is when you have been able to have normal orgasms and you have had control over your orgasms. But then, you start to suffer from PE.
- Lifelong PE: This is when you have never ever had any control over your orgasms and from your very first sexual experience, you have orgasmed way too quickly.
Is It Possible To Get Premature Ejaculation Treatment?
Have no doubt about it, PE can be treated and there are a number of treatment options that are available for this. Take a look of Premature Ejaculation Treatments:
- Sex Therapy and Counseling: Various sex therapy techniques are instructed to the couple. A couple of the very famous ones being those made popular all over the world by Masters and Johnson, namely the squeeze-pause technique and the stop-start technique.
- Zinc Supplements: Zinc boosts the libido and it also helps in the production of testosterone.
- Pelvic Floor Exercises: It is possible that you could be suffering from premature ejaculation, as your pelvic floor muscles are weak. You can make these muscles strong by doing certain pelvic floor exercises such as Kegel exercises.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine: Studies have revealed that ceratin Chinese herbal medicines like Qilin pills or Yimusake tablets, can delay PE for as much as 2 minutes.
- Desensitizing Agents: Lidocaine cream or some other related topical anesthetic agent, is very effective to treat premature ejaculation.
- Pharmacologic Therapy: There are a number of SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and drugs that have effects that are similar to these SSRIs, which are very effective in treating PE.
- Drugs: There are a number of premature ejaculation pills that are available for treating PE. After examining the signs with the doctor, the best plan of medications would be prescribed to you who can be taken orally. Some Generic Drugs such as Poxet Dapoxetine Tablets, Viagra Priligy Combo Pills and Vilitra Tablets help to treat Premature Ejaculation and additional Sexual Difficulties that have physical problems.
- Climax Control Condoms: There are certain condoms that are capable of decreasing the sensitivity of the penis. This helps in delaying the ejaculation. These condoms work in such a way, as they have numbing agents like lidocaine or benzocaine or they are made of latex that is thicker and this helps in delaying ejaculation.
- Masturbation before Sex: Another good way of treating premature ejaculation is by masturbating an hour or two prior to having sex. This helps in delaying your orgasm, when you have sex.
- Ayurvedic Herbal Medicine: There are some ayurvedic medicines like yauvanamrit vati, vidrawan ras and kaunch beej, which are very good for the treatment of PE. These are available in the form of capsules and they have to be taken in lukewarm water, twice daily.
- Changes To Your Diet: In order to treat PE, you would do well to incorporate certain changes in your diet and eat various foods to cure premature ejaculation, such as almonds, dark chocolate, sesame seeds, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, garlic, wheat germ cereal, spinach, soybeans, peas, kidney beans and oysters.
- Alternative Medicine: There are also a number of alternative medicines available for treating PE, such as acupuncture, meditation and yoga. But how effective these are, is yet to be proved.
Talk To A Doctor
Premature ejaculation is something that is very common with millions of men, all over the globe. If you feel you are suffering from PE, it is vital that you go and see a doctor. If you do not see a doctor and if you neglect this issue, it can grow and get worse. Here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- Will sex therapy help with PE?
- Will counseling help with PE?
- What are the PE treatment options that are available?
Before you go to your appointment with your doctor, here are a few questions you could think about, which would prepare you, to answer your doctor:
- After you penetrate, how long does it take you to orgasm?
- If you masturbate, does it take you longer to orgasm?
- Do you use any techniques to delay your orgasm?
- When was the first time that you experienced your orgasm really fast?
Keep In Mind!
PE is definitely treatable and there are a number of treatment options that are available for you. All that is needed to treat you, is to get the right treatment method or methods for you and once this has been got, you would be treated for premature ejaculation and you would be able to lead and enjoy a very happy sex life. If you want to get more detail about PE and men’s Health Problems then have a look here: EDBalance.